With Pop-up Activities you can take advantage of our powerful assessment and engagement tools on the fly. Simply select a ready-to-use interactive slide prompt and launch it during any type of lesson. Every student responds on their own screens, just like they do in a Slides Presentation or Flashcard Factory game. Responses are saved automatically for you to review later. Please note that Pop-up activities are a Premium feature.
Pop-up activities are perfect for on-the-spot teaching moments like these:
- You want to give a low-stakes pop quiz. This can be a helpful retrieval tool.
- You suddenly need an entrance ticket as students are arriving to class, or an exit ticket when they leave.
- When a student asks a great question in class and you want everyone to contribute to the discussion.
How to use Pop-up Activities
- Open your Pear Deck Home.
- Go to Pop-up Activities and select Choose a Prompt.
- Select one of the pre-made interactive slide prompts. You can see the prompt and the interactive response type underneath it. Click the right arrow to see the second page of options.
- A new Pear Deck Session begins. To log in, students go to joinpd.com and enter the Join Code. In this example, the code is ndprb. Alternatively, you can click Give Students a Link and paste the link somewhere that students can access it, like Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams. After that, students enter with an email address or anonymously with an avatar. You determine this in your account settings.
- Students respond on their own screens. How they respond depends on the response type of the prompt you chose. In this example, students are leaving text responses on their screens.
- Student View
- On your Projector View, you see the number of responses on the Navigation Bar on the bottom of the screen
- You can view responses in the following ways:
- Show them to the class on the Projector View by clicking the Show responses button. They are anonymous here by default.
- Open the private Teacher Dashboard to see responses with students' names, during or after class.
- Export responses to Takeaways™ or a Spreadsheet (with a Google account only) after class.
If you have questions, please write firstname.lastname@example.org!