To give you more control over the pacing of your lessons, Pear Deck provides a Lock Button and a Lock Slide Timer. If you click the Lock button once, students' screens will lock and they won't be able to change their answers. If you hold down the Lock button, you can start a timer before screens lock.
The Lock Button is perfect way to help students focus on their peers' responses Projector View, prevent them from getting distracted by the fun Drawing and Draggable tools on their screens, and keep them from changing their answers after you display them (you can also prevent editing by moving to another slide).
Lock a Slide
- Hover over the bottom of your Projector or Dashboard View to open the Navigation Bar.
- Click the Lock Screens button once.
- Voilà! The student screens are locked and they cannot change answers.
Set the Lock Slide Timer on a Slide
- Hover over the Navigation Bar. Click and hold the Lock button to engage the timer.
- Set it for :30, 1:00, 3:00.
- The timer begins counting down. Here is an example from the student's screen. The student can clearly see that she has 30 seconds left to answer the question
- When the timer hits zero, student screens automatically lock so they can no longer respond.
If you want to give students more time, simply click the lock button again to unlock screens. Or, press and hold it again to reset the timer.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!