With Pear Deck Pear Pop you won't need to prepare in advance to take advantage of our powerful assessment and engagement tools. Just select from an array of ready-to-use, interactive slide prompts, then launch the prompt during any type of lesson. Every student responds on their own screens, just like they do in a Slides Presentation or Flashcard Factory game. Responses are saved automatically for you to review later. Please note that Pear Pop is a Premium feature.
Pear Pop is perfect for on-the-spot teaching moments. Here are a few examples:
- You want to give a low-stakes pop quiz. This can be a significant retrieval tool.
- You suddenly need an entrance ticket as students are arriving to class, or an exit ticket when they leave.
- When a student asks an interesting question in class and you want everyone to contribute to the discussion.
How to use Pear Pop
- Open your Pear Deck Home.
- Go to the Pear Pop™ section.
- Click Choose a Prompt.
- Select one of the pre-made, interactive slide prompts. You can see the prompt as well as the response type underneath it. Click the right arrow to see the second page of options.
- A new Pear Deck Session begins. To log in, students go to joinpd.com and enter the Join Code. In this example, the code is ndprb. Alternatively, you can click Give Students a Link and paste the link somewhere that students can access it, like Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams. Just like they do before a Slides or Flashcard Factory Session, students may need to enter an email address, or enter anonymously. You determine this in your account settings.
- Students respond on their own screens. How they respond depends on the response type of the prompt you chose. In this example, students are leaving text responses on their screens.
- Student View
- On your Projector View, you see the number of responses on the Navigation Bar on the bottom of the screen
- You can view responses in the following ways:
- Show them to the class on the Projector View by clicking the Show responses button. They are anonymous here by default.
- Open the private Teacher Dashboard to see responses with students' names, during or after class.
- Export responses to Takeaways™ or a Spreadsheet (with a Google account only) after class.
If you have further questions, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.