The ability to present files that live in a Google Shared Drive is something that can only be enabled with a school or district-wide Pear Deck subscription plan. If you can't present your file because it is in a Shared Drive, keep reading and learn how to get unstuck! This article applies to Google users only (click here to learn about Microsoft Office 365 Teams integration).
- I am part of a School or District Premium Plan
- I am not part of a School or District Premium Plan
I am part of a School or District Premium Plan
If your school or district already has a Premium subscription, please ask your contact at Pear Deck to enable this feature so you can present files from your Shared Drive. In the meantime, you can still present the file from your personal Drive. Just be sure to share it to your personal Drive first (see instructions below).
I am not part of a School or District Premium Plan
In order to present your file, you'll need to move it from the Shared Drive to your personal Drive. You will be able to present it from there.
1. Locate the file in the Shared Drive.
2. Select it.
- Click Share
- Or, double-click to open it in Google Slides. Then click Share.
3. Enter your personal Google email address into the People field.
4. Open your Google Drive.
5. Click Shared with me.
6. Locate the file and double-click to open it in Google Slides.
7. In Google Slides, open the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on.
8. In the Pear Deck sidebar, click Present Lesson.
If your school or district does not have a Pear Deck Premium subscription, request a quote for one on the Pricing Page! If you need assistance, please email us at email@example.com.