With Google Classroom Integration, you can invite your Google Classroom classes directly from the Projector View or the private Dashboard View of any Pear Deck Session. You can also automatically post your Takeaways™ to Classroom at the end of the Session. Please note you must log into Pear Deck with a Google account to make the integration work. The Dashboard and Takeaways™ are both Premium features.
- Enable Google Classroom. The following tools appear automatically after you enable this setting:
- Invite Students from the Teacher Dashboard
- Invite Students from the Projector View
- What Students see when they're invited
- Publish Takeaways to Google Classroom
Enable Google Classroom
Before you can invite students from Google Classroom or post Takeaways there, we need to make sure Google Classroom integration is enabled in your Account Settings. Once you enable it, Google Classroom integration tools appear automatically in your Pear Deck Sessions.
- Go to peardeck.com and click Teacher Login, or go directly to your Pear Deck Home.
- Click on your person icon.
- Click on My Account.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Turn Google Classroom ON.
On your settings page, you can also choose to enable Student Push Notifications in Google Classroom. The fastest way to get students into your Pear Deck Session is to let them receive these notifications. Students have the opportunity to accept or decline, but by checking the box in your Classroom Settings, you give them the choice. If you don't enable notifications, students can still sign into your Session at joinpd.com and see the invitation there.
Invite Students from the Teacher Dashboard
Now that Google Classroom Integration is enabled, you can invite students to join your Session from the Teacher Dashboard. Here's how:
- Start your Pear Deck Lesson.
- Open the Dashboard View.
- In the Dashboard, click on the blue Roster button, located in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Roster, click Invite Your Classroom.
- Choose the Google Classroom section you want to invite.
- As students join, their names light up.
Invite Students from the Projector View
You can also invite students directly from the Join Instructions screen on the Projector View of your Session.
- Start presenting your Session.
- In the Join Instructions screen, click Invite Class.
This will allow you to pick a Google Classroom section to invite. To see the real-time Session roster, open the Teacher Dashboard (see the previous section).
What Students See
When students go to the Pear Deck join URL (joinpd.com), they will see a list of any presentations they've been invited to recently. They can click the Join button, and they're in the Session.
If your Google Classroom Roster is out of date, or some students are not on it, no worries! Students can still go to joinpd.com and enter the 5-letter Session Join Code.
Publish Takeaways to Google Classroom
When you enable the Classroom Integration, you automatically have the option share the Takeaways link to your Google Classroom after you publish Takeaways. Just click Classroom on the publish window (below). The link will be shared to Announcements. When a student clicks the Takeaways share link, it automatically recognizes who is logged in with Google gives them access to their own Takeaway Doc only. The teacher will be able to access all of the Docs from the Session. Learn more about Takeaways.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com!