Welcome to Pear Deck! Creating a new Pear Deck account is easy. Simply log in with a Google or Microsoft Office 365 account, and you can start engaging all of your students with interactive presentations right away. The very first step is to create your new Pear Deck account. You can start from the Pear Deck website, Google Slides, or PowerPoint Online. Here's what you need to know to get started:
You'll need to have a Google or Microsoft Office 365 account. Pear Deck uses Google or Microsoft 365 to authenticate logins for both teachers and students. This means there's no additional password to remember for Pear Deck. Check out some of the other advantages to this integration:
Pear Deck is perfect for schools that use Google Apps for Education or Microsoft 365 for Education! But students and teachers can also use personal accounts to log into Pear Deck. Please note that students must use the same account type you present with (Google or Microsoft Office 365) in order to join your Pear Deck Session.
1. Go to peardeck.com and click For Teachers.
2. Choose the type of account with which you want to log in.
3. You'll be asked to grant Pear Deck access to your Google Drive or OneDrive. Then, answer a few account setup questions.*
Users signing in with a Google account can also create a Pear Deck account from Google Slides. Here's how:
1. Open any Google Slides presentation.
2. Get the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on.
3. Finally, answer the Pear Deck account setup questions. You'll be prompted to do this when you try to present with Pear Deck.
4. Once you finish answering the account setup questions, you can open Pear Deck from the Add-ons menu of any Google Slides presentation and create new interactive lessons.
If you use a Microsoft Office 365 account, then you can also create your Pear Deck account and get the PowerPoint Online Add-in by following these steps:
1. Open any PowerPoint Online presentation.
2. Click Insert > Add-ins. You may need to click on the three-dots or expand your browser window in order to see the Add-ins button.
3. In the pop-up Office Add-ins menu, click on Pear Deck to install it for free from the Add-in store.
4. Go to the Home tab and click on Pear Deck. The Pear Deck Sidebar opens. Click Log In.
5. Fill out your account information and Authorize with Microsoft.
6. Going forward, each time you want to make a Pear Deck lesson, just go back to the Home tab and click on the Pear Deck Add-in to open the Pear Deck Sidebar.
*We do not collect student data. Anyone who chooses the role of Student in the account setup process will either be directed to joinpd.com to join a presentation, or allowed to create their own presentation without answering any further identifying questions.