This article is for those who hold the Administrator role in Canvas and want to install the Pear Deck App for teachers. Once you install it, teachers can present Pear Deck Sessions, and students can join them, without leaving the Canvas environment. Read the steps below to learn how to add Pear Deck to Canvas and make your integration run smoothly!
This integration is available only to users who have a district or school-wide subscription to Pear Deck at this time. Please ask your Pear Deck Partnership Manager for more information, or reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
Install Pear Deck in Canvas
- As the Administrator of your Pear Deck district-wide subscription, go to your Pear Deck My Account page and click on +Add an Integration.
- Select Canvas.
- The Key and Secret is generated for you.
- Open Canvas and follow these steps to install Pear Deck:
- In the control panel on the left, open the Admin Center. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Settings.
- Go to the Apps tab. If you're on the App Configurations screen, select the View App Center button to search for External Apps (see step c).
- In the App Center/External Apps screen, search for Pear Deck.
- Select Pear Deck.
- Click on the +Add App button.
- Paste the Key and Secret from your app.peardeck.com/home/my-account page into the Consumer Key and Shared Secret fields.
- Select the Add App button.
- Now, users who have access to the Pear Deck App can present (as teachers) and join presentations (as students) within Canvas. Click here to learn what teachers can do with the Pear Deck integration! For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article by Erin M.