Can I Import a Previously Made Presentation?
If you are working in Google Slides, make sure to check out the free Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on. You can instantly add formative assessments or interactive questions directly to your Google Slides - no importing necessary!
And yes! You can also import Google Presentations, PDFs, and other Decks into the Pear Deck Editor. Keynote presentations can be exported as PDFs, then imported into Pear Deck. Please note that the Free Pear Deck plan has limited imports, while the Premium Plan offers unlimited imports . Learn more about pricing here.
Option A: Import your file to transform it into a Pear Deck
- Create a new Pear Deck or open an existing Deck.
- In the Editor, click the blue imports link to import a presentation. OR click the Hamburger Menu in the upper left corner:
- From here, click "Import Slides":
- A separate screen will pop up to let you browse for your file. You can find and select it from Google Drive or upload it from your computer.
- Congratulations! Your file is a Pear Deck now, so you can add interactive questions to it. Just select a slide, go to Student Preview, click the drop-down arrow, and change the question type:
Option B: Present your outside file with Pear Deck
Here's how to present only with Pear Deck:
- Find the file you want to import either in Google Drive or from an email.
- Click on the file. Google will open a Preview.
- Click "Open With".
- Click "Pear Deck".
- You can start presenting right away and use the Quick Question button to drop in interactive question as you go.
With Option B, your presentation file will not be transformed into a Pear Deck.