Can I Present Another Type of File?
You can present a Google Slides file or PDF file even if you've never added Pear Deck questions to it. This is a good option when you don't have time to pre-plan an interactive lesson. You can still add quick polls and formative assessments on the fly.
Present your Google Slides file with Pear Deck
- Log into Pear Deck.
- Click Open Drive.
- Search for and select the file you want to present. You can choose one of these formats:
- Google Slides file
- Pear Deck file
- Next, you can decide to Start Presenting or Edit the file.
- While presenting, click the Ask a New Question button.
- Select the type of answer input you want to show students:
Present your PDF in Pear Deck
You can also present your PDF in Pear Deck and ask questions on the fly.
- Open your Google Drive and find the file you want to present. Or, if you have a PDF in your email, you can click on the file from there.
- A preview window will open. Click Open with at the top.
- In the drop down menu, choose Pear Deck.
- A new window will open. Click Start Presenting.
- While presenting, you can click the Ask a New Question Button and pick the type of answer input you want to show students (see steps 5 and 6 above).