What is Pear Deck Slides?
Pear Deck Slides gives teachers the ability to engage and assess every student in every row, no matter what grade or subject. Using Pear Deck will help you create an interactive and community-focused classroom that builds confidence and comprehension.
How does it work?
Pear Deck Slides is very similar to a slide show, like PowerPoint or Google Slides.
But instead of just static, informational sides, you can make interactive slides that let every student participate in your questions or prompts right from their own devices. When you present your Deck, you will get a unique code for students to use to join your presentation from their phone or computer.
| Step One
Make your slides
Add slide templates to any presentation:
Scroll down in the Sidebar. Then, click on a question type to add a custom interactive question to any slide:
| Step Two
Start presenting your lesson
| Step Three
Every student participates!
|Pear Deck is also a Google Drive App. This means that it's fully integrated with the Google ecosystem, making it a perfect choice for Google Schools. Here are some of the great benefits of our Google integration:|
- Use the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on to add the magic of formative assessments and interactive questions to your presentations right from Google Slides.
- Students don't have to make a Pear Deck account or remember a new password to join your presentation. They just use their school Google account.
- When you create a new Pear Deck file, it's automatically stored in a "Pear Deck" folder in your Google Drive. You can organize it, share it, and collaborate on it just like any other Google Doc.
- You can hook up Google Classroom to Pear Deck so that you can directly invite your Classroom Rosters to your Pear Deck presentations
- After class, you can publish Student Takeaways so that every student in the class gets a personalized Google Doc with all the slides and their answers. Because it's a Google Doc, you can leave comments for the students, or share it with their parents or tutors.