The Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on: Administrator Installation Guide
With the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on, you can add the magic of formative assessments and interactive questions to your presentations right from Google Slides.
Want to give all of your teachers access to the Pear Deck Add-on at once? We’ve got you covered!
Follow these steps to install the Add-on across your domain:
- Log into your Google Admin Console and select Apps
- Then click Marketplace Apps
- You will see a list of all your current Marketplace Apps. In the top tool bar, near the right side, you will see a plus sign. Click the "+".
- Search for "Pear Deck" and choose "Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on"
- Click Install
- The Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on will now show up in your list of Marketplace Apps. Notice in the image below, it indicates that the Add-on is "On for Everyone." That means everyone in my domain can access the Add-on from Google Slides. If you have "Organizations" set up in your Google Admin console, you can give the Add-on to a subset of your domain. Click the 3-dot menu and choose a specific organizations to give it to.
This process will ensure that Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on is installed in Google Slides without teachers needing to make any updates. All they need to do to use the Add-on is:
- Open a Google Slides File
- Click the Add-ons Menu
- Hover over "Pear Deck" then click "Open Pear Deck Add-on."
Here's more information for teachers about how to get started with the Add-on.
For additional help with installing the add-on, here's the G Suite Administrator help article about installing Marketplace Apps.