The Pear Deck Power-up: An Installation Guide For Admins
What is the Pear Deck Power-up?
The Power-up is a free Google Chrome extension. Installing it ensures that videos, animation, and GIFs embedded in your Pear Deck slides play at full-resolution on the projector and student devices—exactly the way they should!
The Pear Deck Power-up can be installed from the Google Chrome Web Store. Learn more about how individual teachers can download the extension here.
Want to give all of your teachers access to the Pear Deck Power-up at once?We’ve got you covered!
Follow these steps to install the extension across your domain:
- Log into your Google Admin Console and select Device Management
- Under Device Settings choose Chrome Management and click User Settings
- In the left-hand column, select the Organization (user group) to which you want to apply the extension, then click Manage force-installed apps
- In the pop-up, choose Chrome Web Store, search for Pear Deck Power-up and click on it to add it to the force-install list. Click Save.
- Lastly, click Save again on the footer of the Google Admin page to confirm your changes.
- For additional help with this, take a look at Google’s help center.This process will ensure that the Pear Deck Power-up is installed on every device without teachers needing to make any updates.