Reviewing Student Answers after Class
After class has ended, you can go back and review student answers in the Teacher Dashboard. Please note: The Teacher Dashboard is a Premium Feature. Learn what's included in Pear Deck Premium.
You can get insight into how individual students are engaging with and grasping the material. Change the layout in the top left corner of the Projector View. Learn about the Teacher Dashboard and the response layouts.
- Click on List Layout so you can review the lesson slide-by-slide and see responses one slide at a time.
Choose the Grid Layout to dive further into individual responses and get a quick sense of each student's level of comprehension.
- With the Overlaid Layout, you can get a quick aggregate view of student answers on one slide, so you can see how well the class, on the whole, understood the material.
When class is over, end the Session. This closes your presentation so students can't make any changes. You can end the Session with the More Actions (3-dot) button or the END button.
When you're ready to review answers, go to your Pear Deck Home to reopen the Session. You can open a Session from the Sessions list or from Recent Activity. Here's how:
Open your Sessions list
- Click on the Sessions tab. You will see a list of every single Session you've ever presented. If you do not see it immediately, that is because it was not named. Simply check the Show Archived Sessions box to show unnamed Sessions.
- Find the Session.
- When you find it, click the Dashboard icon to review responses with students' names (you can also open the Projector, but student responses will be anonymous there).
Open from your Recent Activity
- Go to Recent Files.
- Click on the presentation title. This opens a separate menu containing the Sessions you've run with that presentation. You can show hidden (or unnamed) sessions, and open the Projector or Dashboard Views here, too.
- Wait! Can't find your presentation on the Home Screen? No need to worry! Your Pear Deck Home Screen only shows your most recently used Decks. Fortunately, all of your presentations are automatically saved in Google Drive. To find one, click on Open Drive.
- The Google File search window will open. Search for the name of your presentation.
- Double click on it.
- The presentation modal menu will open, giving you the option to open a past Session, Start Presenting a new session, or edit your file.