Reviewing Student Answers after Class
After class, you can go back and review student answers in the Teacher Dashboard. Please note: The Teacher Dashboard is a Premium Feature. Learn what's included in Pear Deck Premium.
You can get insight into how individual students are engaging with and grasping the material. Change the layout in the top left corner of the Projector View. Learn about the Teacher Dashboard and the response layouts.
Select the List Layout so you can review responses one slide at a time.
Choose the Grid Layout to get a quick sense of each student's level of comprehension.
With the Overlaid Layout, you can get a quick aggregate view of student answers on one slide, so you can see how well the class understood the material as a whole.
When class is over, end the Session. This closes your presentation so students can't make any changes. You can end the Session with the More Actions (3-dot) button or the END button.
When you're ready to review answers, go to your Pear Deck Home to reopen the Session. You can open a Session from the Sessions list or from Recent Activity. Here's how:
Open the Sessions menu
- All of your Pear Deck Sessions are saved automatically, and you can find them in your Sessions menu. You will see a list of every Session you've presented in the last 30 days. Click on the Archived tab (in grey) to see older Sessions.
- Find your Session.
- Click on the Dashboard icon (with Premium) to review responses with students' names. You can also open the Projector View to review responses, but they will be anonymous in that View. To open the Projector View, make sure to click on the More Actions (3-dot) button and reopen the Session. The status will change to live and the Projector icon will become active.
Open from a Deck menu
- Go to Pear Deck Home and scroll down to Present a File from Drive.
- Click on the presentation title. This opens a separate menu containing the Sessions you've run.
- Click on the More Actions (3-dot) button to reopen the Session. The status will change to Live.
- Click on the Projector (after reopening the Session) or Dashboard icon.
- Can't find your presentation on the Home Screen? No worries! Your Pear Deck Home Screen only shows your most recently used Drive files. Fortunately, all of your presentations are automatically saved in Google Drive. To find one, click on Open Drive.
- The Google File search window will open. Search for the name of your presentation.
- Double click on it.
- The presentation modal menu will open, giving you the option to open a past Session, Start Presenting a new session, or edit your file.