Pear Deck must set cookies in your browser in order to work correctly. Here's the full list of sites that need to be allowed to set cookies:
Set cookies in your browser:
- Microsoft Edge 18
- Have you been logged out or asked to re-authorize with Google?
If cookies are blocked, Chrome displays an icon like this in the URL bar:
- Go to chrome://settings/content.
- Click on Cookies and site data.
- Go to Allow sites to save and read cookie data. Move the slider to make it active (blue).
- Make sure that Block third-party cookies is inactive (grey).
That should take care of it! However, if you prefer not to allow all third-party cookies, you can enable only the third-party cookies that Pear Deck needs. Just scroll down to Allow and click Add...
...then add the following sites:
Cookies are enabled by default in Firefox, so you should be ready to use Pear Deck. However, if cookies were blocked any point, here's how to enable them again:
- In the browser, click the menu button .
- Select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Select Standard to restore the default settings and enable all cookies. Learn more about cookies settings in Firefox.
Microsoft Edge 18
Open Microsoft Edge
Select the Menu button (3 dots icon on top right corner of the browser).
In the Menu, go to > Settings > Site permissions > Cookies and site data.
In Cookies and site data, select Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) to enable all cookies. Make sure to inactivate the Block third-party cookies setting.
- Close and reopen the browser.
- Open Safari on your Mac.
- Click on Safari > Preferences.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Always allow. Learn more about cookies in Safari.
Have you been logged out or asked to re-authorize with Google?
You may be here because you saw this message:
If so, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Click on the Re-Authorize button. You'll prompted to log in with your account again. You should only have to do this once. If the error message pops up again, please continue onto the next steps.
- Allow third-party cookies in your browser. Find your browser above for specific instructions.
- If allowing cookies doesn't stop the re-authorization request, open an incognito/ private browser window. Just opening this window can help Pear Deck reset your login and stop the authorization loop.
- To open an incognito browser window, you may open any window and click Ctrl (or command) + shift + n. Or, open your browser menu and click New Incognito or New Private window (depending on the browser).
- Log out of Pear Deck at your Pear Deck Home by clicking on your person icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click Sign out. Then sign in again.
If Pear Deck still doesn't work after following these instructions, please email email@example.com so we can resolve it. We appreciate seeing a screenshot of the error, showing the entire screen all the way up to and including the URL bar.