Google Classroom Add-on
You can turn on our Google Classroom Add-on and invite your Classroom class to join your Pear Deck presentation. Your students can even get Chrome Notifications when you invite them. They just click on the notification and they're in!
- Enable the Google Classroom Add-on
- Invite Students via the Google Classroom Add-on
- What do Students See?
Enable Classroom Add-on
- Log into your Pear Deck home screen - https://peardeck.com/home/
- Go to the Add-ons Tab and turn on the Classroom
- Enable Push Notifications -
The fastest way to get students into your Pear Deck session is to let them get Chrome Notifications. If you don't enable notifications, students can still join your session via the Join screen - https://peardeck.com/join.
Students will still have the opportunity to accept or decline notifications. By checking this box, you simply give them the option.
Invite Students via the Google Classroom Add-on
- Start Presenting your Pear Deck file
- Open the Session Dashboard
- Click "Invite a Class"
- Choose the Classroom Class you'd like to invite
- As students join, their red status lights will turn green to indicate their presence
What Do Students See?
When students go to the Pear Deck Join screen (https://peardeck.com/join), they will see a list of any presentations they've been invited to recently. They just click the "Join" button and they're in.
Should your Google Classroom Roster be out of date or should you have a guest, no worries! The regular Join code can still be used.