Automatically Grade your Pear Deck with Flubaroo
After you gather student responses during class, you can export them to Google Sheets and use the free Google Add-on, Flubaroo, to generate and email grade reports.
- Create your Deck. Auto grading works best on questions with an exact right answer, as opposed to open-ended questions. We recommend multiple choice or number questions. Text-based questions can work if there is a very specific right answer, or if you want to use the Grade by Hand option.
- Present your Deck and gather student responses
- Create an answer key by responding to your own questions as a student. Open another tab or window on your own device and join the Session as a student. Answer all of the questions correctly. You'll set these as an answer key later.
- Save the Session. End your session by clicking the 3-dot icon on the navigation bar. Be sure to give the session a clear name, like "Spanish Unit 1 Quiz". It will be time stamped, so there's no need to add the date.
- Export Answers. Find the Deck in your home screen. Click on the Deck title. In the new menu, find the Session you saved. Click the 3-dot icon next to the session name, then Export to Spreadsheet.
- Get Flubaroo. It's easy and free! With your Google Sheet open, click Add-ons. Then choose Get Add-ons. Search for and select Flubaroo.
- Grade Assignment. Once Flubaroo is installed, click Add-ons again. Hover over Flubaroo, then choose Grade Assignment. Follow Flubaroo's instructions.
- Send a Report to Students. When the grades are calculated, go back up to the same Add-ons > Flubaroo menu and choose Share Grades. You can share via email, Google Drive, or both.